Saturday, September 22, 2007

There's a new sheriff in town - - - - - - - - - - - - Molly Stark Race Report -

As I sit to write this race report I need to keep reminding myself PMA, PMA, PMA… I had a general lack of energy and power during the race, which didn’t lead to a great race experience. I suffered more than you typically should during a cross race. I hope I’m just sick or had an off day and that the legs feel better tomorrow.

No, I’m not the new sheriff because I won the race or even placed very well, but due to my lucky discovery of a sweet pair of cop style sunglasses (see pic above). While on my warm-up, I ventured down a dirt road next to the Hillsborough County House of Corrections. I stopped to do a peep (urinate for you non-dads ) and to my amazement found myself voiding on or about a moderately worn pair of official New Hampshire state issue sheriff’s sun glasses. These must have been VERY expensive (don’t let the “china” stamped into the ear piece make you think anything different). After I straightened out the nose piece and cleaned off the peep, I envisioned an escaped convict (probably a murderer or rapist) being pursued by one of New Hampshire’s finest. “During the struggle he probably lost them” I thought (more realistically, someone just tossed them from their car window in pure disgust). I returned to the race venue and “raced”. Justin Spinelli, (www.richardsachs.com/articles/meetjustin.html) formed Saeco euro-pro and Giro de Italia participant, ran away with the race. Close behind, the King brothers (Priority Health Pro Cycling Team) rounded out the podium. By the time I finished, Spinelli had returned to his car and changed back to his sleek street clothes (those Richard Sachs riders always look so good). He was sporting a pair of $200-looking jeans, a slim fitting black Richard Sachs t-shirt and a “real” pair of expensive sheriff’s glasses. I then changed, cleaned up my new sunnys, put them on and started the ford focus. A pimp, black BMW rolled by with Spinelli behind the wheel. He looked over at me, smiled, nodded and mouthed “nice race”. I think he just liked my glasses…

When I got home (still wearing the glasses) Jan started laughing out loud. Yea, they look pretty ridiculous, but they make my happy…

0 comments: